Cellphones has been in use lately, since alot of people use it. They use it for social medias, like, facebook, instagram, twitter, messenger and othe applications.
People tend to use cellphones at night or even before going to sleep, checking the social media or browsing. And then the next day, it requires you to use your phone for hours.
There are some research and study about the bad effects of using phone for hours at night. The results to the research shows the negative and bad effects of using phones at night.
It is because of the phone’s radiation, that can really harm people’s lives. When someone experiences this, this may be very dangerous. The blue light that the phone has or gives can cause some severe health problems.
The blue light is in the light spectrum that is part of the group of colors in the ray of light. This simply means that there is no difference between exposing to the sun and using the phone since they both have blue light. So in some way, you are exposed to the light during night, because of the high emitting light that the phone contains and this very harmful and dangerous for the eyes.
Experts have discovered that smartphones are prone to these listed health issues:
0. The risk of Cancer increases ⁃ Light at night can cause or lead to disturbed sleep which raises the risk of having cancer, especially breast and prostate cancer. Melatonin is a potent antioxidant and a natural weapon of the body against cancer, but this is stopped by the blue light. When this happens, it is not a big problem but continuing the use of cellphone might cause some severe health problems.
0. Affects your sleeping time ⁃ “Blue light,” stops the production of melatoninand this hormone also deals with the sleeping cycle of the body. When the body lacks sleep or not on the exact sleeping cycle, this will lead to health issues:
• You will gain weight
• You will easily get depressed
• There will be problems with Cardiovascular
• Affects the alertness of your memory
• You will look odd or old
0. It will damage your eyes ⁃ The exposure to “blue light” at night can damage the retina and muscular degeneration, which loses the central vision, or can’t see the things in front of you, also affects the cataracts.
Using phone at night is okay as long as you minimize the time you use your phone, in this way you can avoid some health problems.
SOURCE: PINOY HEALTH AND REMEDIES